Clean your grout 2 to 4 times faster.
Fits tiles sizes from 1 to 13 inches and up to 24 inches with the Pro Extended model.
Align the brush heads to glide across those grout lines and cut hours off of your cleaning time.
With the patent pending system you simply slide brushes to fit your tile width and tighten with the thumb screw. Add more brushes for smaller tile and slide brush heads off for up to 1 foot wide tile.
The GROUT GATOR is so fast and easy it makes cleaning fun.
Besides aesthetics, why is it important to keep grout clean?
Grout is porous, therefore bacteria and mold tend to build up. Mold has been identified as a health hazard.
A 300% increase in the asthma rate over the past 20 years has been linked to molds : 1999 USA Today According to a 1999 Mayo Clinic Study, nearly all chronic sinus infections (afflicting 37 million Americans) are a result of molds
Depending on the type and quantity present, molds cause a wide array of adverse responses in humans. Dose and human response can be highly individualistic. The sensitivity of the person exposed is also an important consideration. Infants and young children, the immune-compromised, and the elderly are at an increased risk of adverse health effects from mold exposure. Mold exposure happens in many ways including dermal contact, ingestion, and inhalation.
Health risks associated with mold exposure include, but are not limited to: allergic reactions, irritation associated with volatile organic compounds (VOCs), invasive disease, mycotoxicosis.
Allergic reactions occur when a mold that is not harmful itself causes an immune response in those susceptible. The most common symptoms range from runny noses, itchy-watery eyes, coughing, sneezing, and throat irritation to more severe symptoms caused by chronic conditions such as sinusitis and especially asthma sufferers.
Fungi produce Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) during the process of ingesting substances for nutrition. VOCs are the cause of the typical “moldy/musty” odors associated with contamination indoors. High level exposure to VOCs can irritate the mucous membranes and the central nervous system leading to headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, decreased attention span, difficulty in concentration, and dizziness and nausea.
Though uncommon, infection caused by exposure to microorganisms that don’t normally produce disease in healthy individuals, may affects those persons with abnormally functioning immune systems such as those with HIV/AIDS or those receiving immunosuppressive subsequent to an organ transplant or chemotherapy.